PLAN YOUR VISIT
GUIDED DOCENT TOURS ALWAYS AVAILABLE!
- In order to ACCOMMODATE groups larger than 15 please call a minimum of 3 weeks prior to your visit.
- Children under 17 are welcome at Channel Islands Maritime Museum. We ask that you follow a few simple rules so everyone has a safe visit and the collection is preserved for the future. Children must be carefully supervised at all times. We require a ratio of 1 supervising adult for every 4 children.
- Free with CIMM Membership
- $7 Adults
- $5 Seniors (62+)
- $5 Active Military with ID
- $3 Youth (6-17)
- Free for children under 6
- Youth under 17 are welcome at CIMM. We require a ratio of 1 supervising adult for every 4 children.
- The museum is free on the third Thursday of every month Sponsored by Edison International.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept school or other large groups on Free Third Thursday’s.
ENJOY YOUR VISIT!
Thank you to Edison International for its continuing support of the Channel Islands Maritime Museum’s Free Third Thursday!
CIMM is a Blue Star Museum!
Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and museums across America. From Memorial Day through Labor Day, Blue Star Museums offers free admission to the nation’s active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and Reserve. To see a list of participating museums, click here.
CIMM is a participating NARM institution!
The North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association℠ has 822 member institutions, and CIMM is one of them! With a CIMM Lieutenant level membership and above, simply present your current membership card validated with accepted NARM identification to any participating NARM institution to receive:
- Free/member admission during regular museum hours
- Member discounts at museum shops
- Discounts on concert/lecture tickets*
Guests are not included unless they present a current membership card validated with the accepted NARM identification. Family memberships are determined by each participating institution and it is recommended that you contact the institution you plan to visit prior to visiting to avoid any confusion. *Note that some institutions restrict benefits. Contact the institution you plan to visit for more information.
Visit CIMM Membership for more information.
CIMM welcomes families!
Please note that we require one adult for every four children visiting the museum. This ensures the safety of the artifacts and provides the best quality experience for the family.
Want to bring a group?
Adult tours are available and last approximately one hour. Our knowledgeable guides will customize the tour to match your specific interests! Give us a call (805-984-6260), so that we can arrange to make your visit a pleasant one.
Want to bring a school group?
The Museum is pleased to offer educational tours throughout the year, and our tours are customized for each grade level! Read more about our Education Program here.
CALL US TODAY TO BOOK YOUR TOUR (805) 984-6260.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR VISIT!
The Channel Islands Maritime Museum aims to provide a friendly, accessible environment for all our visitors and the widest possible access to our building, exhibitions and collections. All of our exhibits have been placed with wheel chair and walker access. We also provide handicap parking in front of the Museum. We have an elevator that provides access to the Upper Deck and our temporary exhibits.
If other special accommodations are needed, please call the office (805) 984-6260 (Monday-Friday 9:00 – 5:00).
THANK YOU FOR OBSERVING AND FOLLOWING MUSEUM RULES:
- No food or drink in the galleries
- No flash photography
- No touching artwork and artifacts unless there is a sign saying you may do so
- Please monitor children at all times for their safety and the safety of other visitors and the collection
Monday: 10am – 4pm
Tuesday & Wednesday: Closed, Group Tours & Private Member Events by appointment
Thursday: 10am – 4pm
Friday: 10am – 4pm
Saturday: 10am – 4pm
Sunday: 12pm – 4pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day