PLAN YOUR VISIT
welcome to the Museum!
- Free with CIMM Membership
- $7 Adults
- $5 Seniors (62+)
- $5 Active Military with ID
- $3 Youth (6-17)
- Free for children under 6
- The museum is free on the third Thursday of every month, sponsored by Edison International. Thank you to Edison International for its continuing support of the Channel Islands Maritime Museum’s Free Third Thursday! (Note: Groups and school groups are not accepted on Free Third Thursdays).
- The Channel Islands Maritime Museum is proud to partner with Museums for All and is now offering discounted pricing for anyone presenting an EBT card, SNAP benefits, or receiving food assistance in the United States. CIMM offers a reduced admission of $2.00 per person (ages 6 +) to visitors presenting their EBT card (children under 6 are still free). This reduced rate is available during all normal operating hours to up to four individuals per EBT card. Families must present a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, and a valid form of photo ID.
GUIDED DOCENT TOURS ALWAYS AVAILABLE
- In order to ACCOMMODATE groups larger than 10 please call a minimum of 3 weeks prior to your visit.
- Children under 17 are welcome at Channel Islands Maritime Museum. We ask that you follow a few simple rules so everyone has a safe visit and the collection is preserved for the future. Children must be carefully supervised at all times. We require a ratio of 1 supervising adult for every 4 children.
CIMM is a Blue Star Museum
Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and museums across America. From Armed Forces Day through Labor Day, Blue Star Museums offers free admission to the nation’s active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and Reserve. To see a list of participating museums, click here.
CIMM is a participating NARM institution
The North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association℠ has 822 member institutions, and CIMM is one of them! With a CIMM Lieutenant level membership and above, simply present your current membership card validated with accepted NARM identification to any participating NARM institution to receive:
- Free/member admission during regular museum hours
- Member discounts at museum shops
- Discounts on concert/lecture tickets*
Guests are not included unless they present a current membership card validated with the accepted NARM identification. Family memberships are determined by each participating institution and it is recommended that you contact the institution you plan to visit prior to visiting to avoid any confusion. *Note that some institutions restrict benefits. Contact the institution you plan to visit for more information.
Visit CIMM Membership for more information.
CIMM welcomes families
Please note that we require one adult for every four children visiting the museum. This ensures the safety of the artifacts and provides the best quality experience for the family.
Want to bring a group?
Adult tours are available and last approximately one hour. Our knowledgeable guides will customize the tour to match your specific interests. Call CIMM at 805.984.6260 so the Museum can arrange to make your visit a pleasant one.
Want to bring a school group?
The Museum is pleased to offer educational tours throughout the year, and our tours are customized for each grade level! Read more about our Education Program here. Call CIMM today to book your tour 805.984.6260. We look forward to your visit.
The Channel Islands Maritime Museum aims to provide a friendly, accessible environment for all our visitors and the widest possible access to its buildings, exhibitions, and collections. All exhibits are placed for wheelchair and walker access. CIMM also provides handicapped parking in front of the Museum. We have an elevator that provides access to the Upper Deck and our temporary exhibits. If other special accommodations are needed, please call the office 805.984.6260 (Monday-Friday 9:00 – 5:00).
THANK YOU FOR OBSERVING AND FOLLOWING MUSEUM RULES
No food or drink in the galleries.
Mobile devices and photography:
Visitors may use mobile devices to take still photographs, but video, panorama, and other digital documentation may be restricted in some galleries.
No flash photography is permitted.
Disruptive cell phone conversations are also discouraged.
Photography is permitted in the Museum galleries unless otherwise noted. Videotaping and tripods are prohibited.
No touching artwork and artifacts unless there is a sign saying you may do so.
Please monitor children at all times for their safety and the safety of other visitors and the collection.